Write Me a Love Scene
Clements, Colin (aka Colin Campbell Clements, American playwright dramaturg, actor, and director, 1894-1948), and Florence Ryerson (aka Florence Ryerson Clements, American playwright, novelist, screen writer, 1894-19__), “Write Me a Love Scene,”
a 30-minute comedy in English, set in _____, _____,
© 19__ by Colin Clements and Florence Ryerson;
• in Florence Ryerson and Colin Campbell Clements’ Write Me a Love Scene (New York: Samuel French, Inc., 19__);
• script/rights formerly in the catalog of Samuel French, Inc., 25 West 45th Street, New York, New York 10010-2751, U.S.A., telephone 212-206-8990, fax 212-206-1429, http://www.samuelfrench.com; or 7623 Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood, California 90046-2795, U.S.A., telephone 213-876-0570, fax 213-876-6822; or 80 Richmond Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1P1, Canada, telephone 416-363-3536, fax 416-363-1108; or Samuel French, Ltd, 52 Fitzroy Street, London W1P 6JR, England.
_____ (m), __, _____; _____ (m), __, _____; _____ (f), __, _____; _____ (f), __, _____.
• Probably out of print and in public domain.
• Can pair with “Angels Don’t Marry,” a __-minute comedy, 1m2f +1m offstage; “Ladies Alone,” a __-minute comedy, 3f; or “Movie Mother,” a __-minute comedy, 1f.
• Research could include Florence Ryerson’s Star Song, and Other One-Act Plays (New York: French, 1951), LCCN 51-3798.
• Also, research could include Clements/Ryerson Papers archived in Princeton University Library, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, U.S.A., which consists of “selected correspondence, manuscripts, published works, and memorabilia of Clements and his wife, Florence Ryerson Clements. The correspondence consists of few or single letters of twenty-five individuals, including S. Foster Damon, Emily Dickinson [to Maria Whitney], Marie Dressler, Sinclair Lewis, and Willard Huntington Wright. One screenplay, "The Wizard of Oz" (mimeo), and two playscripts, ‘Years of the Locust’ and ‘Harriet,’ are included.”—Master List of Finding Aids in Manuscript and like Collections in the Princeton University Library, http://libweb2.princeton.edu/rbsc2/aids/msslist/colls1.htm, accessed March 1, 2006.
• “Clements, Colin, 1894-1948. Born in Omaha, Nebraska, attended University of Washington, Carnegie Institute of Technology, and Harvard University. Directed at numerous small theaters across the United States and wrote both plays and movies. He collaborated . . . with his wife, Florence Ryerson . . . .”—Archives: Directory of Authors, http://www.esc.edu/archives/, accessed February 25, 1998.
• “Ryerson, Florence, 1894-____. Born in Glendale, CA. Attended Stanford University and Radcliffe College. Worked as a costume designer and then a writer, doing novels, plays, and adapting mystery stories for the screen. She wrote several titles with her husband, Colin Clements . . . .”—Archives: Directory of Authors, http://www.esc.edu/archives/, accessed February 25, 1998.
• Ryerson co-wrote with Noël Langley and Edgar Allan Woolf the film script for The Wizard of Oz.
Other Plays from Colin Clements
Other Plays from Florence Ryerson