The Waiting Room
Other Plays by John Bowen
Bowen, John (American playwright, 19__-____), “The Waiting Room,”
a __-minute _____ in English, set in a waiting room, England, 1971,
© 1971 by John Bowen
• in John Bowen’s The Waiting Room, French’s acting edition (New York: Samuel French, Inc., 1971), ISBN 0573023271;
• also, in Best Short Plays of the World Theatre, 1968-1973, edited and with an introduction to the plays by Stanley Richards (New York: Crown Publishers, Inc., 1973-1976), ISBN 0-517-505894, LCCN 73-82936, 303 pp.;
• script/rights available from source named in the Richards anthology.
• Cited in Play Index 1973-1977: An Index to 3,848 Plays, edited by Estelle A. Fidell (New York: The H. W. Wilson Company, 1978), ISSN 0554-3037, LCCN 64-1054, p. 32.
_____ (m), lover of woman’s husband; _____ (m), _____; _____ (f), wife; _____ (f), _____.
“Man and woman, who meet in waiting room, discover that man was lover of woman’s husband.”—Fidell, p. 32.
• Research could include John Bowen -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia, www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/76130/John-Bowen, accessed July 27, 2008.
• Not to be confused with Annie Steger Winston’s The Waiting Room, a monologue (Summit, N.J.: N. L. Swartout, 1926), LCCN ca36-1405.
first encounter, identity, male homosexuality, marriage, waiting room.