Waiting for Wood
Other Plays by Joe Lauinger
- Bury Him-1m1f
- God Who Made New Hampshire-The-1m1f
- Green Angel-The-1m1f
- Green Cheese Mystery-The-1m1f
- Half In Love-1m1f
- High Risk Giving-1m1f
- Ill Met By Moonlight-1m1f
- In The California Home For The Criminally Beautiful-1m1f
- Mushroom Pie-1m1f
- Nowhere Zen New Jersey-1m1f
- Oh Moonflower-1m1f
- Oregon Mist-1m1f
- Prepostrously Befallen Or Ass Backwards In Washington Square-1m1f
- Red Weather-1m1f
- Sometimes A Wind In The Georgia Dusk-1m1f
- Waiting For Wood-2m1f
- Wax And Wane-1m1f
- What A Moon-1m1f
- Woo At The Zoo-2m1f
- You Really Ought To Give Iowa A Try-1m1f
Lauinger, Joe (American playwright, Sarah Lawrence College professor, 1947-____), “Waiting for Wood,”
a 20-minute comedy in English, set in the green room of a porn movie, U.S.A., 4:00 p.m., 1996,
© 1996 by Joe Lauinger;
• in Joe Lauinger’s Waiting for Wood (Ossining, New York 10562, U.S.A.: The Author, 1996);
• scripts/rights available from Joe Lauinger, 34 Hudson Street, Ossining, New York 10562, U.S.A., telephone (home) 914-762-0839, (work) 914-395-2264, fax 914-762-0839, e-mail email@example.com.
• Cited by Joe Lauinger via ftp, June 14, 1998.
_______ (m), a porn star; _______ (m), a stand-in; _______ (f), a motherly assistant director.
“The scene is the green room of a porn studio. The male star cannot get up forhis performance. While he waits for inspiration, a motherly assistant director and a stand-in ‘actor’ who is also a religious fanatic discuss Popular Mechanics, old movies, and God.”
• "Joe Lauinger’s Curriculum Vitae: B.A. University of Pennsylvania (summa cum laude), M.A. Oxford University, M.A. Princeton Princeton University, Ph.D., Princeton University."
• Page mounted August 2, 1998, updated March 25, June 10, 1999, January 20, 2003, September 1, 2009, by the Webmaster.
director-actor relationship, erection, fanaticism, God, impotence, inspiration, old movies, Popular Mechanics, pornography, religion, sex business, show biz, stand-in, stardom.