Waiting for Julia
Other Plays by George Freek
Freek, George (American playwright, 19__-____), “Waiting for Julia,”
a 30-minute comedy in English, set in _______, ___________, U.S.A., ____
© ____ by George Freek;
• in George Freek’s Waiting for Julia (New York: Playscripts, Inc., ____);
• script/rights available from Playscripts, Inc., http://www.playscripts.com.
• Cited by first last, via ftp _______ __, ____; _______ says,
Peter (m), __, prom date; _______ (m), __, Julia's father; Julia (f), __, prom date; _______ (f), __, Julia's mother.
"As Peter waits downstairs for his prom date, Julia, he strives to make a good impression on her parents -- even as they proceed to get drunk, vent their existential frustrations, cajole Peter, attempt to seduce him, and ultimately attack him. It's not a pretty sight, but it ends well."--Playscripts, Inc. - George Freek, http://www.playscripts.com/author.php3?authorid=86, accessed February 14, 2009.
• SET Living room.
• Adult language and situations.
• Premiered at Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Virginia, U.S.A.
• "George Freek (Waiting for Julia) received his BA in History at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, and his MA in English at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale. His plays have been produced by the Milwaukee Repertory Theater, the Changing Scene in Denver, the Organic Theater in Chicago, and various other college and amateur theaters. He has received grants from the Illinois Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts -- the latter for a Residency at the New American Theater in Rockford, Illinois -- and has also enjoyed residencies at Southern Methodist University and Southern Illinois University."--Playscripts, Inc. - George Freek, http://www.playscripts.com/author.php3?authorid=86, accessed February 14, 2009.
• Page mounted February 14, 2009, by the site Webmaster.