Turns Home Again
Conover, Dora Smith (Canadian playwright, ____-____), “Turns Home Again,”
a __-minute radio drama in English, set in _____, 1955,
© 1937 by Dora Smith Conover;
• in Canadian Stage, Screen and Studio, vol. 1, no. 4, March, 1937;
• script/rights available possibly from source named in Canadian Stage, Screen and Studio.
• Cited in The Brock Bibliography of Published Canadian Plays in English 1766-1978, edited by Anton Wagner (anthologist, editor, educator, theatre scholar, 1949-____) (Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Playwrights Press, 1980). ISBN 0-88754-157-7, ISBN 0-88754-155-0.
_____ (m), __, an invalid expatriate English father; _____ (m), __, returning Canadian-born son; _____ (f), __, _____; _____ (f), __, _____.
“Ten years after W[orld] W[ar] I, an invalid father dies believing his son, once listed as missing in action, has finally returned home.”
• Premiered on Canadian Radio Corporation, 1936.—Brock, 96.
• Research could include Stage Screen & Radio: The Journal of the Broadcasting Entertainment Cinematograph & Theatre Union, ISSN 0969-6652, although it began publication subsequent to November, 1989.
alienation, belief, Canadian landscape, deception, family, father-son relationship, home, invalid, missing in action, post-war, return, World War I.
Other Plays by Dora Smith Conover