Other Plays by Troy N. Diggs
Diggs, Troy N. (American playwright, journalist, 19__- ), "Turn Around,"
an 60-minute drama in English in eighteen scenes set in Kyle and Matt's college dorm room, U.S.A., February, 1996,
© 1996 by playwright;
• Cited February 27, 1997. Diggs says,
"Kyle Dayton (m), 20, freshman college student, somewhat reclusive, but has a tendency to open up among the right people, gay, comfortable with the situation; Craig Burns (m), 23, upperclassman, Kyle's significant other and confidant; Matthew Soria (m), 18-23, freshman, prototypical freshman, ladies man, most popular guy around, antipathetic to Kyle.
"Kyle, gay, seeks new friends like his soon-to-be significant other, Craig. Kyle wants a normal college life. His relationship with his roommate, Matthew, starts almost bitter and does not get better, despite Kyle's attempts to patch things up. The reason for Matt's bitterness emerges, and together they both "turn around" to find out who they really are.
• "This play should appeal to younger (college and above) and alternative audiences. Has an R rating, for language and situations.
• "The running time is approximate, as this play has not been produced or staged in a reading, as of February 2, 1996.
• "The only major scene change occurs after scene 1.
• "Royalties are negotiable. The play is still somewhat under construction; however, I am happy with all the scenes currently in the play and make no plans on changing them. If anything, scenes will be added, but not changed unless necessary.
• "I would like to have the song 'I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore' open the play and 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' end it, but this is at the director's discretion.
• "The playwright's address will change in the summer, due to moving from off-campus to on-campus at Arkansas State University."
• Page mounted February 27, 1997, updated February 27, 1997, November 16, 2008, by the site Webmaster.