Try to Act Normal
Other Plays by Fred Sahner
Sahner, Fred (American playwright, author, screen writer, 1935-____), “Try to Act Normal,”
a 12-minute romantic comedy in English, set in a living room, late afternoon, spring, 2004,
© 2004 by Fred Sahner;
• in Fred Sahner’s Try to Act Normal (Chatham, New York, U.S.A.: The Author, 2004);
• script/rights available from Fred Sahner, 99 Macedonia Road, Chatham, New York 12037, U.S.A., e-mail email@example.com, telephone (home) 518-392-7984.
• Cited by Fred Sahner via ftp December 21, 2004; Sahner says,
Eddie (m), late twenties to late thirties; Dad (m), late fifties to late sixties, Eddie’s father, a bit of an oddball,; Ashley (f), late twenties to late thirties, Eddie’s girlfriend.
“Eddie dreads introducing his girlfriend Ashley to his dad. Dad is a bit of an oddball, and before Ashley arrives, Eddie is coaching dad on proper behavior. Ashley arrives and sends Eddie on an errand. Alone with Dad they discuss life, love and even Eddie. Eddie returns and loves what he finds.
• “Simple setting consisting of a two chairs and a small table.
• Between Off-Off Broadway and regional theatre, Fred's had seven of his plays produced. Two have won awards. One won a national playwriting competition, sponsored by the University of Illinois. Sahner has had two screenplays optioned. His humor writing has run in major newspapers and magazines.”
• Research could include http://www.inktip.com/shortsromcom.php.
courtship, dating, family, romance comedy, parenting.