Other Plays by Joseph Hullett
Hullett, Joseph (aka Joe Hullett, American playwright, novelist, psychiatrist, short story writer, 19__-____), “True Believer,”
a __-minute collage of monologs in English, set in _____, _____,
© ____ by Joseph Hullett;
• in Joseph Hullett’s True Believer (San Juan Capistrano, California, U.S.A.: Answer Publications, _____);
• script/rights available from Cathy Owens, Publisher, Answer Publications, 27511 Vantage Circle, Suite 200, San Juan Capistrano, California 92675, U.S.A. telephone 949-496-9183, e-mail email@example.com.
Male Lead: (m), Andy, a young cop. 30. Physical. Impetuous. Sentimental/Pete Sheridan, a headstrong man. 35+/Man, he knows the woman like a weatherman knows the weather. 40+/Henry, a husband. 55+/Socks, a barfly whose rosary is his beer mug. 60+/Harvey, Doris’ soulmate. 65+; Male #2 (m), Marlow, an educated barkeep who knows the value of true belief/Waiter, obsequious and bitter. They also hate, who only stand and serve/Unhappy Man, Marlow, a passenger who wants to go back; Male #3 (m), Jesus, Pete’s friend/Tommy, a dead-end alcoholic saved by Grace/Conductor, the young man in charge; Female Ginny, a psychology student. Sufficiently balanced to weigh options. 20+, Mara Lamb, 32, a cautious woman/A Woman, beyond the thin, shared walls of a motel room, she is almost forty/Maggie, a good wife. 50+/Doris, a contented passenger. 65+.
“Man, woman, birth, death, infinity—and bracketing the procession, a weary bartender who has seen the insubstantial pageant fade.”—Joseph Hullett Plays on Line -- Free Industry Downloads, http://www.answerpub.com/webplays/index.htm, September 6, 2008.
• Fourth Place, 7th Annual West Coast Ten-Minute Play Contest Winner, 1995.—Calactors.com, http://www.calactors.com/wc10festival.htm, accessed September 5, 2008.
• Research could include Joseph Hullett’s one-act “And All Ye Need.”
• Joseph Hullett is author of the 1993 Julie Harris Playwright Award winning drama THE PLEDGE. In addition to the Julie Harris Award, his works have garnered the Ventana Publications Play Award, 2nd prize in the South Carolina National Playwrights Competition, runner-up for the Lee Korf Award, 4th Prize in the West Coast Playwrighting Contest, and finalist selection for the Pittsburgh International Play Competition, the 24th Annual Dubuque One-Act Playwriting Contest, the Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwrighting [sic] Excellence, the Heideman Award, and the 2002 Arts and Letters Drama Prize. Hullett's plays have been presented from New York to Los Angeles. THE PLEDGE and AND ALL YE NEED premiered off-Broadway at Theatre-Studio. CONFIRMATION, WISH YOU WERE HERE, and TRAIL OF TEARS all premiered at southern California's Chance Theater. His work has been chosen for the 3rd Annual New York City Playwrights Festival, the Albany Civic Theatre Playwrights Festival; the El Camino Real Playhouse NewPlays Series; the West Coast Playwrights Six at Eight Series; the Trustus Theatre Playwrights' Festival; and the Original Theatre Works Summer Theatre. Hullett is also author of a novel KILLING RAIN, KILLING FIRE and a collection of short stories MEN WITH WOMEN. A psychiatrist, he lives in southern California.”—Joseph Hullett Plays on Line.
birth, death, infinity.