Time of Green
Stillaman, Anna (New Zealand playwright, 19__-____), and Mark Matthews (New Zealand playwright, 19__-____), “Time of Green,”
a 15-minute black comedy in English, set in a park, Titirangi, New Zealand, 2008,
(any combination m or f)
© 2008, 2009 by Anna Stillaman and Mark Matthews;
• in Anna Stillaman and Mark Matthews’s Time of Green (Titirangi, New Zealand: The Author, 2008);
• script/rights available from Anna Stillaman and Mark Matthews, http://www.1actplays.com/index.htm#.
Brooke (m or f), __, a busker; Chuck (m or f), __, a very forward-thinking, chatty and ambitious chicken; Picard (m or f), __, Chuck's disturbed, ex-battery cousin chicken.
"Brooke is a busker somewhat down on her luck. One day while busking in the park, she is confronted by two chickens, Chuck and Picard, and they discover, miraculously, that they are able to communicate. Chuck is a very forward-thinking, chatty and ambitious chicken who has been looking after his disturbed, ex-battery cousin since they escaped the coop. He quickly makes a connection between the errie green light that has been appearing in the sky all morning and the strange phenomenon of being able to talk to a human being. He uses this opportunity to present an offer to Brooke which will change their lives forever.
• "'Time of Green' is an absurd comedy highly suitable for schools, drama classes or short performances.
• "This one act play is available in PDF format, which means you can buy and read now. You can also buy berformance bights, buy birector's notes, and read an excerpt via http://www.1actplays.com/smitten/synopsis.htm.
• "This website, http://www.1actplays.com/about.htm, is owned by Smitten Play--two people who love writing, theatre, music and film."
• Page mounted July 28, 2009, by the site Webmaster.
anthropomorphization, chicken, communication, escape, violin.