Those Who Dwell on the Beach
Other Plays by Andre Surridge
Surridge, Andre (New Zealand playwright, 19__-____), “Those Who Dwell on the Beach,”
a __-minute historical drama in English, set in Mt Eden Prison, Auckland, New Zealand, 1987,
© ____ by Andre Surridge;
• in Andre Surridge’s Those Who Dwell on the Beach (_____, New Zealand: The Author, _____);
• script/rights available from The Play Bureau (N.Z.) LTD., Mail Order Theatre Bookstore and Publishers Agent, P.O. Box 420, New Plymouth, New Zealand, telephone (0064) 6 757-3103, NZ free fax 0800 PLAYBUREAU (0800 752-928), overseas fax (0064) 6 757-3101, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cited by New Zealand Plays - From The Play Bureau Bookshop, http://www.playbureau.com/nzplays.asp, accessed August 30, 2008.
_____ (m), __, _____; _____ (m), __, _____; _____ (m), __, _____; _____ (f), __, _____.
Historical drama set in Mt Eden Prison, Auckland 1987. Uses flashback sequences to recount the fictitious life of convicted murderer Henry Mann.
• Uses flashback sequences to recount the fictitious life of convicted murderer Henry Mann.
• Research could include Sarah Wise’s The Italian Boy: Murder and Grave-Robbery in 1830s London (London: Vintage Books, 2005), 368 pp., ISBN 9781844133307, http://www.randomhouse.com/vintage, http://www.randomhouse.co.uk/catalog/book.htm?command=Search&db=main.txt&eqisbndata=0224071769.
flashback, Mann (Henry Mann, convicted murderer), murder.