This Is It Okay I'm Not Kidding
Other Plays by Martha King De Silva
De Silva, Martha King (American playwright, 1960-____), "This Is It Okay I'm Not Kidding"
a 50-to-55-minute collection of short comedic monologues in English set in a various locales, U.S.A., 1996,
© 1996 by Martha King De Silva;
• script/rights available from playwright, 3456 Newark Street, NW, Washington, DC 20016, telephone (work) 202-687-4074, (home) 202-363-6882, fax 202-/687-7809.
• Cited by playwright to Webmaster via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org April 2, 1996; De Silva says,
"'This Is It Okay I'm Not Kidding' is a set of short comic monologues about women in the '90s. Included among these characters are Debbie Barker-Slayton, who appoints herself grande dame of her Class Reunion and woe to anyone who crosses her path; Molly, a 'Movie-Buff' who alienates other movie-lovers as she waits in line for the women's bathroom; and Sarah, the picture of Marital Bliss, who is gradually pushed over the edge by her philandering husband and impossible children.
• "Set requirements for each monologue are minimal--often just a piece of furniture to suggest a location. Multiple actresses or one actress can perform this piece; my preference is that one actress take all roles. Costume changes, too, can be minimal--with accessories suggesting the character.
• "'This Is It Okay I'm Not Kidding' premiered July, 1995. It has been performed at the Montgomery Playhouse, in Gaithersburg, Maryland, the Source Theatre, in Washington, D.C., and the National Theatre, in Washington, D.C.
• Author is interested in hearing from theatres and universities who would be interested in producing "This Is It Okay I'm Not Kidding."
• Page mounted April 3, 1996, November 16, 2008, by the site Webmaster.