Other Plays by F. Dawson
Dawson, F. (Canadian playwright, 19__-____), “The Tempest,”
a __-minute _____ in English, set in _____, 1938,
© 1938 by F. Dawson;
• in Arcadia Athenaeum, vol. 63, no. 5, March, 1938;
• script/rights available from source named in Arcadia Athenaeum.
• Cited in The Brock Bibliography of Published Canadian Plays in English 1766-1978, edited by Anton Wagner (Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Playwrights Canada Press, 1980), 375 pp., ISBN 0887541577, ISBN 9780887541575.
• Cited in 1/2/3/4 for the Show: A Guide to Small-Cast One-Act Plays, vol 2, (Lanham, Maryland, U.S.A.: The Scarecrow Press, 1995), ISBN 0810836009, 475 pp.
_____ (m), __, love-crazed fiancé; _____ (m), __, _____; _____ (f), __, fiancée; _____ (f), __, _____.
“A love-crazed young man is driven to murder his fiancée during a storm."–Brock, 112.
• Research could include After The Tempest: The Tempest; or, The Enchanted Island (1670); The Tempest; or, The Enchanted Island (1674); The Mock-Tempest; or, The Enchanted Castle (1675); The Tempest; An Opera (1756), edited and introduced by George Robert Guffey, adaptations of William Shakespeare's (1564-1616) Tempest (Los Angeles, William Andrews Clark Memorial Library, University of California, 1969), LCCN 70-10931 r926; credits mention Tholruts Duffet's Mock-Tempest, 1969; and John Christopher Smith's (1712-1795) Tempest, libretto, 1969.
• Also, research could include Twentieth Century Interpretations of The Tempest: A Collection of Critical Essays, edited by Hallett Darius Smith (1907- ), a Spectrum Book (Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, U.S.A.: Prentice-Hall, 1969), LCCN 69:'15339 r942.
• Marguerite Duras wrote “India Song, a Chant of Love and Death,” an interview with F. Dawson, in Film Comment (New York), November/December 1975.”—Marguerite Duras - Films as writer:, Other films:, http://www.filmreference.com/Writers-and-Production-Artists-De-Edo/Duras-Marguerite.html, accessed March 9, 2008; Film Comment is published by the Film Society of Loncoln Center, New York, New York, U.S.A.
fiancée, love-crazed, murder, storm, youth.