Taking a Break
Other Plays by Carol Ann LaFay
LaFay, Carol Ann (American playwright, May, 1979-____), “Taking a Break,”
a 10-minute comedy in English, set on a split stage showing a beach in Guam and a dorm room, U.S.A., anytime, 2000,
© 2000 by Carol Ann LaFay;
• in Carol Ann LaFay’s Taking a Break (Hudson Falls, New York 12839, U.S.A.: The Author, 2000);
• script/rights available from Carol Ann LaFay, 560 Lower Wright Street, Hudson Falls, New York 12839, U.S.A.; or 226 MacDonough Hall, SUNY, Plattsburgh NY, 12901, U.S.A., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, telephone (home) 518-747-2769.
• Cited by Carol Ann LaFay, via e-mail May 10, 2000.
Bob (m), 22, college slacker; Dan (m), 22, college slacker; Jesus (m), __, Jesus with a Jimi Hendrix afro; Mary (f), __, Mary all right, but she looks like Marilyn Monroe.
“Bob tells his roommate, Dan, that he’s taking over for Jesus. We find Jesus taking a break on a beach in Guam when mom scolds him. Bob tells us all about what it’s like to be Jesus, and Dan decides whether or not to believe him.
• “Answers the question of what would Jesus do.
• “Written for play writing workshop, SUNY/Plattsburgh. Premiered spring, 2000, as part of Theatrepalooza. Great fun, lots of laughs and Duck Hunt (thank you Nintendo).”
• Page mounted July 12, 2000, and updated June 21, 22, 2004, August 24, 2009, by the Webmaster.
Guam, Jesus, Mary, religion.