Other Plays by Jill K. Forbath
Forbath, Jill K. (American playwright, Web designer, professional ballroom dance instructor, artistic director of West Coast Ten-Minute Play Project, December 11, 1959-____), “13 Years,”
a 10-minute comedy in English, set in a lakeside restaurant in a planned community, Southern California, U.S.A., lunch time, mid-week, 2000,
© 2000 by Jill K. Forbath;
• in Jill K. Forbath’s 13 Years (Irvine, California, U.S.A.: The Author, 2000);
• script/rights available from Jill K. Forbath, 113 Sanctuary, Irvine, California 92620, U.S.A., e-mail email@example.com, telephone (home) 949-400-7347.
• Cited by Jill K. Forbath via ftp July 1, 2003; Forbath says,
Laurel (f), 35, very best friend to Marsha; Marsha (f), 42, very best friend to Laurel; Chris (f), 25, Marsha’s new friend.
“Laurel is waiting for her very best friend, Marsha, to meet her for a quick lunch at one of their favorite restaurants in their home town. Marsha has told her she has very important news. When Marsha arrives with Chris, Laurel is eager to meet a new friend of her long-time ‘cohort in crime.’ What she meets is her own anxiety that for a moment pulls her away from her own issues. Marsha and Chris spare no details and Laurel’s imagination takes flight with comedic results.
• “Single scene. Character of Laurel requires good comedic timing. Marsha and Chris characters: brief loving interplay. Premiered by Changing Masks Theatre Company of Orange County, California, U.S.A.”
• Page mounted July 19, 2003, updated November 25, 2008, December 31, 2008, by the Webmaster.
female bonding, friendship, lesbianism, lunch, restaurant, ten-minute play.