Swimming with Goldfish
Other Plays by A. G. Boss
Boss, A. G. (aka Allan G. Boss, Canadian playwright, ____-____), “Swimming with Goldfish,”
a 50-minute comedy-drama, set in _______, Canada, 2006,
© 2006 by A. G. Boss;
• in A. G. Boss’ Swimming with Goldfish (Alberta, Canada: The Author, 2006);
• script/rights available from A. G. Boss, CBC Radio in Alberta, Canada, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cited by APN | Allan G. Boss, http://www.albertaplaywrights.com/catalogue/ag_boss.html, accessed May 19, 2007.
Peter (m), __, _____; Shelly (f), __, _____.
“‘This comic and poetic monologue sees a young man attempt to deal with the serious themes of responsibility, love, and loss while chatting with a goldfish.”—APN | Allan G. Boss, http://www.albertaplaywrights.com/catalogue/ag_boss.html, accessed May 19, 2007.
• Commissioned by Walterdale Theatre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, http://www.walterdaleplayhouse.com/. Staged Reading: May 8 through 13, 2006. Dramaturge: Vern Thiessen.—APN | Allan G. Boss.
• “A.G. Boss is the Arts & Entertainment Producer for CBC Radio in Alberta where he helped create and produce the political satire Absolutely Alberta. Boss produces and oversees CBC's literary contest Alberta Anthology. In 2004 Boss contributed to CBC's Ideas with a piece called updrafts an autobiographical, dramatized recovery from a brain injury. This program was nominated for the 2004 Peabody Award, and is nominated for the New York Festivals Award, a Gabriel Award, and the Prix Italia. Bernie Lucht, Executive Producer of the CBC program Ideas, called 'updrafts' Brilliant! One of the finest aired on Ideas ever. Boss has directed at Fringe Festivals across the country and his theatre company Jagged North Productions had their production of his play 'Curves in the Road' voted a pick of the fringe at the 2002 Edmonton Fringe. 'Curves in the Road' is scheduled for production on CBC's Sunday Showcase.—APN | Allan G. Boss, http://www.albertaplaywrights.com/catalogue/ag_boss.html, accessed May 19, 2007.
• “Playwright A. G .Boss (Allan) is the Entertainment & Drama Producer for CBC Radio in Calgary [Canada]. His Ideas program ‘updrafts,’ the dramatized examination of a person's recovery from a brain injury, was nominated for a 2004 Peabody Award, a New York Festivals Award, a Gabriel Award and a Prix Italia. In 2004 Boss commissioned and co-produced, with One Yellow Rabbit Performance Theatre, the radioplay Andrew Allan's Chair for CBC's Sunday Showcase. Boss 's satire and drama has been featured on CBC radio programs in Alberta and across the country on such shows as The Current, Sunday Showcase, and Sounds Like Canada. Boss produces Alberta's premier writing contest, "Alberta Anthology," for the CBC and in 2005 he edited the first ever Alberta Anthology book, published by Red Deer Press. Boss has an M.F.A. in Film Production (Screenwriting Specialization) from Concordia University in Montreal and a B.F.A. in Creative Writing (Drama Specialization) from the University of Victoria. He is an active member of the Alberta Playwrights Network and the Playwrights Guild of Canada. His produced stageplays include "The Chair," "My Burning Bush," and "Curves in the Road." His latest stageplay, Swimming with Goldfish, dramaturged by Vern Thiessen, is in development at Edmonton’s Walterdale Theatre”—A G Boss playwright - plays biography information, http://www.doollee.com/PlaywrightsB/BossAG.htm, accessed May 19, 2007.
commute, first encounter, Metro train, theatre of the absurd.