Other Plays by Jeffery Scott Elwell
Elwell, Jeffery Scott (American playwright, dean, college professor, 1957-____), “Stepping Out,”
a __-minute 25-minute comedy in English, set in a large city, 1983,
© 1983 by Jeffery Elwell;
• in Jeffery Elwell’s Stepping Out; and Dead Fish: 2 One-Act Comedies (Pendleton, South Carolina, U.S.A.: Palmetto Play Service, 1997);
• script/rights available from Jeffery Elwell, Dean, College of Fine Arts and Communication, East Carolina University, 100 Erwin, Greenville, North Carolina 27858, U.S.A., telephone 252-328-1282, JScottElwell@gmail.com.
• Cited by playwright via e-mail, June 13, 1996; Elwell says,
_____ (m), __, _____; _____ (m), __, _____; _____ (f), __, _____; _____ (f), __, _____.
• “Produced Off-Off-Broadway, February, 1996.”
• “Jeffery Elwell, chair of the Department of Theatre Arts at the University of Nebraska, has been named dean of the College of Fine Arts and Communication at East Carolina University. Elwell, whose appointment is effective Nov. 15, is also executive artistic director of the Nebraska Repertory Theatre. He will be the first permanent dean of the college, which was established last year in a reorganization of academic units. . . . Elwell has been at the University of Nebraska since 1999. Previously he held faculty and administrative positions at Marshall University and Mississippi State University, He received a bachelor's degree in English from California State University-Bakersfield, a master's in communication/theatre from the University of Southwestern Louisiana and a Ph.D. in speech communication/theatre from Southern Illinois University. He is the author of 17 plays that have been produced in New York, including two winners in the Off Off-Broadway Short Play Festival. He is a frequent producer and director of theatrical productions, and has received 60 grants and fellowships totaling more than $600,000.”—Message from the Dean, http://www.ecu.edu/cs-cfac/dean.cfm, accessed November 19, 2004.
• Not to be confused with Richard Harris’ (1934-____) Stepping Out: A Comedy (London; New York: Samuel French, 1985), ISBN 0573114153.
• Also, not to be confused with Richard Harris’ (1934-____ ) Stepping Out: A Comedy in Two Acts (New York: Samuel French, 1988), ISBN 0573690480.
• Page mounted June 14, 1996, and updated April 10, 1997, December 1, 1999, November 19, 2004, November 23, 2008, by the site Webmaster.