Queen Anne II
Other Plays by Olivia Smedley
Smedley, Olivia (aka Olivia G. Smedley, British playwright, scriptwriter, 1972-____), “Queen Anne II,”
a 35-minute comedy-drama in English, set in Buckingham Palace, London, England, Friday, July, 2010,
© 2003 by Olivia Smedley;
• in Olivia Smedley’s Queen Anne II (Sandbach, Cheshire, England: The Author, 2003);
• script/rights available from Olivia Smedley, 11, Offley Road, Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 1GY, England, e-mail email@example.com, telephone (home) 44 01270 760824.
• Cited by Olivia Smedley via ftp May 15, 2004; Smedley says,
Anne (f), 57, from a very privileged background as exemplified by her voice and dress, is married in name only and has two children.
“In the near future, Princess Anne has been appointed queen after a referendum. We see her throughout a day, getting ready for functions, going through her list of duties, talking to the Prime Minister (Ann Widdecombe), and finally announcing to the rest of the Royal Family her modernisation plan—a competition to make them work harder.
• “The play was read at the Buxton Festival Fringe 2003 to appreciative audiences and a review that stated that ‘The script, though yet to be brought truly “off the page”, brimmed with comedy in an enjoyable style that flowed promisingly along’.
• The play would make an ideal one-woman show, as it can be easily staged in any venue.
• See www.oliviasmedley.co.uk for more information about the writer.
common sense, frustration, loneliness, managing, politics, responsibility.