Baldwin, Trista (American playwright, director, 1971-____), “Prank,”
a 10-minute drama in English, set outside an office skyscraper, U.S.A., late September, 2001,
© 2001 by Trista Baldwin;
• in Trista Baldwin’s Prank (Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A.: The Author, 2001);
• script/rights available from Trista Baldwin, 491 16th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215, U.S.A., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (home) 718-965-0843, fax 212-782-7194.
• Cited by Trista Baldwin via ftp July 21, 2003; Baldwin says,
John (m), 28, office worker; Craig (m), 30, office worker; Julie (f), 28, office worker.
“An office building in New York City is evacuated when someone reportedly pours sugar on a desk and writes the word anthrax in the sugar. Three co-workers react to the event in opposing ways.
• “Heideman Award Finalist, Actors Theater of Louisville [Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.A.].
• “Personal Statement: My plays tend to be highly theatrical and physically intensive, bending genres and mixing high and low art, juxtaposing the poetic with the grotesque. I am interested in how a play is similar to a piece of music, in that meaning can be transmitted as much through rhythm and timing as through dialogue. So while I explore socio-politico-cultural issues, I also explore new ‘rhythms’ for the stage. Current Work STU AND RAY, a 30 min. play commissioned by New Georges for ManFest, opens Sept 15.: http://www.here.org. Short musical film SIDE EFFECTS and 10 min. musical MAN NEAR THE MOON will be part of the New York Musical Theater festival in late September http://www.nymf.org.
• “Plays include SAND, PATTY RED PANTS, ELECTROPUSS, WRECK, SEX AND OTHER COLLISIONS and the campy cult hits CHICKS WITH DICKS I and II, developed and produced by companies including The Empty Space Theater, Actors Theater of Phoenix, Circle X, Stark Raving Theatre, Hypothetical, New Georges, BPP, HB Playwrights Workshop and the Playwrights Center of Minneapolis. Honors Jerome Fellowship, Playwrights Center of Minneapolis 2004-05.”—Trista Baldwin, http://www.womenarts.org/network/profile_89.html, accessed December 11, 2004.
anthrax, evacuation, office, report, September 11, terrorism, work.