Clark, Craig J. (American playwright, actor, director, stage manager, stage technician, 19__-____), “Platform Shoes,”
a __-minute _____ in English, set in a subway station, _____,
© 19__ by Craig J. Clark;
• in Craig J. Clark’s Platform Shoes (Haddonfield, New Jersey, U.S.A.: The Author, 19__), 9 pp.;
• script/rights available from Craig J. Clark, 409A Whitman Drive, Haddonfield, New Jersey 08033-3964, U.S.A., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
_____ (m), _____; _____ (m), _____; _____ (f), _____.
“. . . [A] man . . . finds a pair of shoes stuck to the floor in a subway station.”—Craig J. Clark’s One-Acts, http://home.earthlink.net/~cjclark/one-acts.htm, accessed June 12, 2003.
“One of my more surreal efforts, actually. This play was performed by the City Theater Company of Wilmington, Delaware, as part of its 1999 10-Minute Play Festival on July 26. The production was good and it was great to finally see the show up on its feet. This play was also performed in the Colonial Playhouse’s first annual short play festival, Colonial Quickies!, July 12-14, 2001. It went over very well and was an excellent closer for the evening. This is fast becoming my most-produced play. The Montgomery Theater Project in Souderton, PA, is producing Platform Shoes in its short play festival Get Into Our Shorts Again!—October 11-26 . . . . 'Platform Shoes' was performed for the third time by the Montgomery Theater Project in October.”—Craig J. Clark’s One-Acts, http://home.earthlink.net/~cjclark/one-acts.htm, accessed June 12, 2003.
• Read twice in the Brick Playhouse’s In-Between Stage.
• “I have been a practicing playwright since the spring of 1991, when I wrote my first play which was actually worth producing. Since then, I have written a total of 25 one-act plays (including one co-written with Dan West), a large number of one-minute plays, and one revue show (among other things). I am currently at work on a couple full-lengths and always seem to have at least half a dozen other projects kicking around. . . . In addition to writing plays, I also direct, act, stage manage, run lights, do sound designs, and pretty much whatever else people will let me do.”—Craig J. Clark’s Plays, http://home.earthlink.net/~cjclark/plays.htm, accessed June 12, 2003.
discovery, shoes, subway platform, surrealism.
Other Plays by Craig J. Clark
- Analyze What Or The Bad Touch Of Satan-2m1f
- Arbitrary Arbiters Of Abrogation-The-1m1f
- Away From Home-2m1f
- By The Book-2m2m
- Danish Play-The-2m
- Dead Letter Office-2m1f
- Dry Running-3m
- In A Pickle-3m
- Its My Duck-1m2f
- Litmus Test-1m2f
- Miracle Play-3m1f
- Platform Shoes-2m1f
- Puff Of Smoke-4m
- Questions Later-2m1f
- Said And Done-2m