Not As Bad As They Seem
Other Plays by Peter Barnes
- Acting Exercise-2m
- Billy And Me-1m
- Heirs Of Diogenes-3m
- Houdinis Heir-1m
- Its Cold Wanderer Its Cold-1m1f
- Lament For Armenians And Grey Viruses-2m
- Losing Myself-1m
- Madam Zenobia-1f
- Moondog Rogan And The Mighty Hampster-2f
- More Than A Touch Of Zen-3m
- Not As Bad As They Seem-2m1f
- Peace Of Westphalia-The-3m
- Perfect Pair-The-3m
- Real Long John Silver-The-2m1f
- Revolutionary Witness-3m1f
- Right Time And Place-The-2f
- Road To Strome-The-1m
- Silver Bridges-2m
- Spirit Of Man A Hand Witch Of The Second Stage-3m1f
- Spirit Of Man From Sleep To Shadow-2m1f
- Spirit Of Man Night Of The Sinhat Sic Torah-3m
- Three Visions-The-3m
- True-Born Englishman-A-1m
Barnes, Peter (English playwright, 1931-____), “Not As Bad As They Seem,”
a __-minute television sex farce in English, set in _____, ____,
© 1989 by Peter Barnes;
• in Peter Barnes’ Revolutionary Witness and Nobody Here But Us Chickens, a Methuen Modern Play (London: Methuen & Company, Ltd., 1989), ISBN 0413621707, 85 pp., containing “More Than a Touch of Zen,” “Nobody Here but Us Chickens,” “Not As Bad As They Seem,” “Revolutionary Witness”;
• script/rights available from source listed in Barnes anthology.
• Cited in Play Index, 1988-1992: An Index to 4,397 Plays, edited by Juliette Yaakov (____-____) and John Greenfieldt (____-____) (New York: The H. W. Wilson Company, 1993), ISSN 0554-3037, LCCN 64-1054, 542 pp.
_____ (m), __, husband; _____ (m), __, correspondent; _____ (f), __, adultrous wife.
The husband surprises an adultrous couple. — Yaakov and Greenfieldt, p. 26.
• “Peter Barnes is a writer with an international reputation. His previous work for the stage, which includes The Ruling Class, Red Noses, The Bewitched and Laughter, has established him as one of this country’s outstanding playwrights. He has extensive radio and television credits and his film work has included screenplays for The Ruling Class and The Enchanted April.” — London theatre play Dreaming on stage in London's West End Queen's theater, http://www.albemarle-london.com/dreaming.html, accessed January 4, 2002.
• For reviews of major plays, see PirHomeFrames_Peter_Barnes, http://www.peterbarnes.com, accessed January 4, 2002.
adultery, flagrante delicto.