No Telling Vi
Ranscombe, Pauline (Australian playwright, free-lance writer, actor, 1943-____), “No Telling Vi,”
a 60-minute drama, set in _______, 1992,
© 1992 by Pauline Ranscombe;
• in Pauline Ranscombe’s No Telling Vi (Newrybar, Australia: The Author, 1992);
• script/rights available from Pauline Ranscombe, “Combaren,” 49, Brooklet Road, Newrybar, NSW 2479, Australia, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (home) (02) 66871998.
• Cited by Australian Script Centre, http://www.ozscript.org/script.php?id=92, accessed March 25, 2007.
_____ (m), elderly husband; _____ (m), _____; _____ (f), elderly wife; _____ (f), _____.
“The story revolves around an elderly couple of British migrants whose unspoken grief over their child's death and love for each other is brought out in the open when a husband returns ‘home’ to England. Interwoven throughout the plot are the problems that arise with a once dominant and now senile mother and the dilemma of a young lodger searching for the secret of a lasting relationship.
• “The theme deals with how unresolved trauma associated with losing a child affects a marriage many years after the event.”
• Adult audience.
• “The Australian Script Centre collects, catalogues, promotes and distributes unpublished Australian plays. Those using our services include playwrights, theatre companies, independent directors, actors, students of drama and theatre, teachers and academics from all over the world.”—About us - Australian Script Centre, http://www.ozscript.org/about.php, accessed March 25, 2007.
death, ethnicity, family, grief, lasting relationship, senility.
Other Plays by Pauline Ranscombe