A Night with a Stranger
Poirier, Leonie (Canadian playwright),
“A Night with a Stranger,” a __-minute Amerind drama in English, set in _____, Canada, ____,
© 1980 by Leonie Poirier;
• in Leonie Poirier’s A Night with a Stranger (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada: Dramatists' Co-op of Nova Scotia, 1980);
• script/rights available from Leonie Poirier c/o Writers' Federation of Nova Scotia, 1113 Marginal Road, Halifax B3H 4P7, Nova Scotia, telephone 902-423-8116, fax 902-422-0881, http://www.writers.ns.ca, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
____ (m), __, ____; ____ (m), __, ____; ____ (f), __, ____; ____ (f), __, ____.
• “. . . [A]bout Indian lore showing a contrast in values.”—Brock, 255.
• Research could include Leonie Comeau Poirier’s My Acadian Heritage (Hantsport, Nova Scotia, Canada: Lancelot Press, 1985), ISBN 0889992827.
• “Born in Meteghan Centre of Acadian parents. Graduated from Saint Mary's University, majoring in French with a minor in English literature; did graduate work in seven other universities. Thoroughly bilingual, Leonie M. Poirier has been published in English and French since the age of 18. She is a founding member of the Writers' Federation of Nova Scotia, past branch president and vice-president of national Canadian Authors Association, president of C.P.X., editor of the Retired Teachers Newspaper, member of Association des ecrivans acadiens, president of Nova Scotia Poetry Society, member of the Newspaper Institute of America and Dramatists' Co-op. Her chief interests are writing, travelling, and international cuisine, and she has travelled twenty-two countries in two hemispheres. A writer of feature articles for The Chronicle-Herald, The Novascotian and several magazines, Leonie was married, widowed, and has four children and ten grandchildren. Leonie was awarded First Prize for her article, "The Education System of N.S.," by The Chronicle Herald, First Prize in the Children's Fiction Category and Third Prize in the Fiction category of the Atlantic Writing Competition by the Writers' Federation of Nova Scotia. “—WFNS: Leonie Poirier, http://www.writers.ns.ca/Writers/lpoirier.html, accessed August 7, 2006.
• Archive copy of A Night with a Stranger is in The Archives of Dramatists' Co-op of Nova Scotia, Folder 7.5, according to http://www.library.dal.ca/archives/MS3/MS-3-29.htm#series4, accessed August 7, 2006.