Gordon Paul McCray
Cervello, Santo (Canadian playwright, mime artist, artistic director, 1949-____),
“Gordon Paul McCray,” a __-minute drama in English, set in _____, _____,
(1f is girl)
© 1976 by Santo Cervello;
• in Santo Cervello’s Stephen Truscott, Pierre LaPorte, Gordon Paul McCray: Three Plays (Smithers, British Columbia, Canada: North Comfort Communications, 1976), 47 pp., LCCN 76-365518;
• script/rights available from Robert Baird, Agent-Manager, P.O. Box 5016, Station "A," Toronto, Ontario M5W 1N4, Canada, telephone toll-free 800-867-3281, cell 416-887-2151, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org;
• contact Santo Cervello via e-mail email@example.com.
• Cited in The Brock Bibliography of Published Canadian Plays in English 1766-1978, edited by Anton Wagner (anthologist, editor, educator, theatre scholar, 1949-____) (Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Playwrights Press, 1980). ISBN 0-88754-157-7, ISBN 0-88754-155-0.
Gordon McCray (m), __, _____; Ernie _____ (m), __, Gordon’s brother; Fay (f), girl, Gordon’s sister; _____ (f), __, Gordon’s mother.
“Gordon McCray dies as the result of another boy’s jealousy—a pitiful death in squalid circumstances. The day of Gordon’s death is dispassionately described, by Gordon, his brother Ernie and their sister Fay; their mother is past caring, absorbed in her memories.”
• Premiered on CBC radio, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.—Brock, 89.
• “Erewhon Theatre was formed by Santo Cervello in 1972, and since that time over 10,000 performances have been presented by the company. Theatres and schools throughout Canada, the United States and Great Britain have played host to the innovative performance troupe. Toronto has been its base of operations since 1980 where it has remained one of Canada's national treasures for over two decades. Erewhon Theatre is best known for developing a distinctive performance style that incorporates rehearsed audience participation coupled with the versatility of a single performer.”—Baird Artists Management - Erewhon Theatre, http://www.bairdartists.com/artist_erewhon_p1.html, accessed February 27, 2006.
• Research could include Santo Cervello’s Charlie & the Chocolate Factory; “We had Charlie & the Chocolate Factory which was performed by Santo Cervello. He used props and puppets to round out his act. Children were chosen to participate. The children loved the show. The show lasts about 45 minutes and a 10 minute follow-up workshop.”—Clearinghouse - Public Services Resources - Recommended Performers, http://www.sols.org//links/clearinghouse/publicservices/performers.htm, accessed September 27, 2006.
• Also, research could include Santo Cervello’s Nostradamus Predicts.
brother-brother relationship, brother-sister relationship, death, family, indifference, jealousy, memory, mother-daughter relationship, mother-son relationship, preoccupation, squalor.