Other Plays by Jennifer Hubbard
Hubbard, Jennifer(American playwright, teacher, 1965-____, “Goodnight, Moon,”
a 30-minute drama in English, set in a girl’s bedroom, Anywhere, U.S.A.,
© 2008 by Jennifer Hubbard;
• in Jennifer Hubbard's “Goodnight, Moon” (Charlotte, North Carolina, U.S.A.: The Author, 2008);
• script/rights available from the Jennifer Hubbard, 2301 East 5th Street, Charlotte, North Carolina 28204, U.S.A., telephone 704-258-0390, e-mail email@example.com.
• Cited by Jennifer Hubbard, August 3, 2008
Ben (m), 17, Henry’s brother; Henry (m), 19, Ben’s brother; Meggie (f), 13, cousin to Ben and Henry.
Two brothers work through their guilt, and their relationship with each other, on the eve of their younger sister’s funeral.
• Simple staging, simple costumes. Natural dialogue, with a healthy dose of humor, well-suited for inexperienced performers.
• This play has been performed twice, at Theatre Charlotte and at Woodberry Forest School (in an earlier version of the script).
• Jennifer Hubbard has taught for almost twenty years; her plays have been performed in Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
adolescence, brother-brother rivalry, death, guilt, sibling relationship.