Litsey, Alan (American playwright, academic, b. February 19, 1958-____), “Gifts,”
a 25-minute comedy in English, set in a historical museum, early evening, present,
(1m may be f)
© 1993 by Alan Litsey;
• in Alan Litsey’s Gifts (Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.A.: The Author, 1989);
• script/rights available from Alan Litsey, 1773 Woodbine Drive, Birmingham, Alabama 35216, U.S.A., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (home) 205-942-0389, (work) 205-226-4788, fax 205-226-4788.
• Cited by Alan Litsey via ftp September 4, 2006; Litsey says,
Clay Hessie (m), 30s-40s, a life-long bachelor; Herm/Hermietta Sundock (m or f), 30s or older, Clay’s blind date; Norma Quimby (f), 30s-40s, a most colorful, unwelcome visitor.
“Clay Hessie, lifelong bachelor, nervously awaits his blind date at the local historical museum. Norma Quimby, a most colorful visitor, preempts his ‘date’ with her unwelcome appearance. After a rocky introduction, Norma and Clay provide one another with unexpected comfort. Clay’s evening ends with new hope and a bit of mystery.
• Alan Litsey is an Associate Professor of Theatre at Birmingham-Southern College, Box 549026, 900 Arkadelphia Road, Birmingham, Alabama 35254, U.S.A., (office phone) 205-226-4788, (office fax) 205-226-3044.
• He is a member of the Southeastern Theatre Conference, Actors' Equity Association, The Dramatists Guild. He won an Individual Artist Fellowship in Playwriting, Alabama State Council on the Arts. He is working on a play about the seventeenth century novelist and playwright Aphra Behn. He received the 2001-2002 Exemplary Teaching Award, Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry of the United Methodist Church, Birmingham Southern College.
• Photograph from BSC Faculty- Alan Litsey, http://www.bsc.edu/academics/faculty/litsey-alan.htm, accessed November 15, 2006.
community, confidence, family, forgiveness, friendship, gift, mystery, self.
Other Plays by Alan Litsey