Counting to Infinity
Other Plays by Max Posner
Posner, Max (American playwright, 19__-____), “Counting to Infinity,”
a 30-minute comedy-drama in English, set in ___________, U.S.A., 2004,
© 2004 by Max Posner;
• in Max Posner’s Counting to Infinity (New York: Playscripts, Inc., ____);
• script/rights available from Playscripts, Inc., http://www.playscripts.com.
• Cited by first last, via ftp _______ __, ____; _______ says,
_______ (m), adolescent, _______; _______ (m), __, quintessential American male; _______ (f), __, overprotective mother.
"A boy finds himself stuck on the precipice between childhood and adulthood. As he attempts to break away from his loving but overprotective mother, he finds himself both intrigued and corrupted by the quintessential American male. Counting his way into the confusing world we live in, the boy embarks on a funny, surreal, and solitary journey."--Playscripts, Inc. - Counting to Infinity, http://www.playscripts.com/play.php3?playid=770, accessed February 12, 2009.
• SET Minimal.
• Adult language.
• Premiered by Curious Theatre Company, Denver, Colorado, U.S.A., August 1-31, 2004.
• Award: Young Playwrights Festival National Playwriting Competition finalist (2005).
• Award: Blank Theatre Company Young Playwrights Festival semi-finalist (2005).
• Award: Thespian Playworks winner (2005).
• "Max Posner (Actor's Choice: Monologues for Teens | Counting to Infinity). Max Posner's plays have been developed at Curious Theatre Company (Denver, CO), Thespian Playworks 2005 & 2007 at the International Thespian Festival, The Blank Theatre Company's Young Playwrights Festival (Los Angeles), Young Playwrights Inc. Workshop (New York), and New York Stage and Film's Powerhouse Theatre Festival. Mr. Posner is the author of Noble Causes, Twirl on to Me, The War on Safety, and Divided. As an actor he has performed onstage throughout Denver and received the Denver Post Ovation Award for Best Younger Actor. He is currently studying playwriting and theatre at Brown University. He is a graduate of the Denver School of the Arts."--Playscripts, Inc. - Max Posner, http://www.playscripts.com/author.php3?authorid=466, accessed February 12, 2009.
• Page mounted February 12, 2009, by the site Webmaster.
coming of age, journey, manhood.