Other Plays by Roy C. Booth
- Broken Sacrament-2m2f
- Cafe A La Ionesco-3m1f
- Coldest Time Of The Year-The-3m
- Do You Think Dogs Think-Part1-3m1f
- Glovers Mange Cure Caper-The-1m3f
- Grandpa Jim Is Dead-1m1f
- Hello Crisis Center Hotline-2m1f
- He Who Gets Laughed At Last-2m2f
- No Uncertain Terms-3m1f
- Peasant And The Waterman-The-3m1f
- Price Of Dreams-The-3m1f
- Snipes Hunt-4m
- X Equals-1m1f
Other Plays by Gary Eustice
Eustice, Gary (American playwright, counselor, 1951-____), and Roy C. Booth (American playwright, comic book/games/book store owner, 1965-____), “Broken Sacrament,”
a 30-minute drama in English, set in a small apartment, 1974,
© 2003 by Gary Eustice and Roy C. Booth;
• in Gary Eustice and Roy C. Booth’s Broken Sacrament (Hibbing, Minnesota, U.S.A.: The Author, 2003);
• script/rights available from Roy C. Booth, 3811 6th Avenue West, Hibbing, Minnesota 55746, U.S.A., telephone (home) 218-263-3060, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org;
• contact Gary Eustice, 12225 Mattson Road A, Hibbing, Minnesota 55746, U.S.A., telephone (home) 218-263-3060, e-mail email@example.com.
• Cited by Roy C. Booth and Gary Eustice via ftp July 4, 2003; Booth says,
Scott (m), 26, an unemployed Viet Nam vet, Gail’s husband; Mark (m), 24, Scott’s drinking buddy; Gail (f), 24, Scott’s wife; Martha (f), 48, next-door neighbor.
“Scott Hanson is a jerk. He's returned from Viet Nam lazy, volatile, and a drunkard. Unable to find work, he sits around the house drinking or goes out carousing while his wife Gail works to support the household and takes care of their infant child. Scott is also very abusive, constantly jeopardizing the health and welfare of both his wife and child. Gail has been counseled by Martha, their next door neighbor who cannot but help to intervene due to the ruckus caused by Scott during one of his escapades, to leave him. We join Scott and Gail on the last day of their marriage, from when Gail returns home from work to Scott going off the handle and assaulting her to Martha telling Gail to leave Scott to Scott bringing home his drunk friend Mark to a fateful gunshot in the baby's room.
• “One set with set pieces and props consisting of a refrigerator, a table, three chairs, some empty beer cans, a telephone, a newspaper, a handgun, and whatever other touches as the scenic designer sees fit. No set changes, basic lighting, phone cues, and offstage baby fussing/crying cues, and offstage one gun shot cue.”
• Page mounted July 10, 2003, and updated July 11, 2003, February 2, July 22, 2004, November 24, 2008, by the Webmaster.
advice, alcoholism, domestic abuse, marital problems, Viet Nam.