Bill, New Guy
Other Plays by Cefaly, Audrey L.
Cefaly, Audrey L. (American playwright, actor, director, Web publisher, 1967-____),
“Bill, New Guy,” a 20-minute comedy-drama in English, set in a mailroom, anywhere, the present (2003),
© 2001 by Audrey L. Cefaly;
• in Audrey L. Cefaly’s Deconstruction (Bowie, Maryland, U.S.A.: The Author, 2001);
• script/rights available via e-mail from Audrey L. Cefaly, 12414 Sandal Lane, Bowie, Maryland 20715, U.S.A., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, telephone (home) 301-352-3797, http://www.audreycefaly.com. • Cited by Audrey L. Cefaly via ftp January, 21, 2004; Cefaly says,
Gerald, 35, gay; Bill, 35, soft-spoken, lonely; Gina, 30, New York Italian, verbose.
“It’s Bill’s first day in this crazy mailroom, where Gina, an Italian-American mother of four, is having morning sickness and raving about her husband’s ineptitudes. Meanwhile, Gerald is holding his breath, hoping for news about a long-awaited adoption possibility for him and his partner.
• ““One scene, simple set. Visit Website for text sample: www.audreycefaly.com.”
• “Awards: Winner: 2005 University of Maryland Baltimore County 10-Minute Play Festival (Fin & Euba); Finalist: 2004 Ensemble Studio Theatre One-Act Play Marathon (Fin & Euba); 2nd Place: 2004 Nantucket Short Play Competition (Fin & Euba); Winner: 2004 Eastern States (Regional) Theatre Festival (Fin & Euba); Winner: 2004 Maryland One-Act Festival; Winner: (Fin & Euba) 2003 Silver Spring Stage One-Act Festival (Fin & Euba); Top-3 Finalist: 2003 Pittsburgh New Works Festival (Fin & Euba); Winner: 2001 Northern Virginia One-Act Festival (New Hope); Winner: 2001 Silver Spring Stage One-Act Festival (New Hope); Top-10 Finalist: 2001 Pittsburgh New Works Festival (New Hope).”—The Playwright's Forum, http://pforum.neptunewebgroup.com/playwright.asp?id=11, accessed September 23, 2006.
• Page mounted January 18, 2004, updated January 26, 2004, September 28, 2008, by the Webmaster.
abortion, adoption, homosexuality, mailroom, pregnancy.