Chasman, David (aka “Guppa,” American playwright, cinema producer, actor, 19__-____),
“Betrayal,” a 25-minute _____ in English, set in _____, _____,
© ____ by David Chasman;
• in David Chasman’s Betrayal (Beverly Hills, California, U.S.A.: The Author, _____);
• script/rights available from David Chasman, e-mail email@example.com.
• Cited by David Chasman, http://www.ocpaplaywrights.org/dan.html; Chasman says,
Tim (m), 16, _____; _____ (m), __, Tim’s father; _____ (f), 23, Tim’s stepmother.
“Sixteen year-old Tim, unwilling to forgive his father for marrying within a year of his mother’s death, is determined to destroy his 23 year-old stepmother. His provocations elicit some surprises.”—David Chasman Home Page, http://www.ocpaplaywrights.org/dan.html, accessed March 6, 2004, but not available October 11, 2006.
• “Dan [?] has taught writing in the Los Angeles Unified School district at UCLA and Cal State Northridge. His sixth novel, The Murder Game, will be released in March of 1998. His short story, ‘Red’s Bar,’ won first prize in a UCLA writing contest, and 'Justice' was published in the literary quarterly, Crosscurrents. Since he wrote his first play in 1992, several of his works have had readings in Laguna Hills, California, U.S.A., and at South Coast Repertory Theater in Costa Mesa, California, U.S.A.”
• Research could include papers in Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Center, Boston University; contact Sean Noël, Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Center, 771 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, U.S.A., telephone 617-353-3696, fax 617-353-2838, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Also, research could include David Chasman’s Everything I Ever Needed to Know about Succeeding in Hollywood I Learned from My Pit Bull (Beverly Hills, California, U.S.A.: Dove Books, 1995), 88 pp., ISBN 0787104922, LCCN 96130083.
• “The so-called Gourmet Poker Club, in which Steve Martin, Johnny Carson, Carl Reiner and a klatch of behind-the-camera bigwigs meet one night a month to eat a chi-chi meal and play a few rounds. The ‘club’--which requires members to wear matching blazers and baseball caps bearing the ‘official crest’ (a king holding a knife and fork)--meets at the L.A. home of either producer David Chasman or Dan Melnick, former head of MGM. Women are banned; not even pioneering studio executive Sherry Lansing has achieved entry.”—Casino and Gaming TV - Games - Features - How I Beat Ben Affleck, http://www.cgtv.com/games/features/star_games.shtml, accessed October 11, 2006.
adolescence, death, family, father-son relationship, forgiveness, marriage, mother-in-law-son-in-law relationship.