Other Plays by Jon Dorf
- Beef Junkies-2m1f
- Cooking Gene-The-2m
- From Shakespeare With Love-2m2f
- Jesus At The Taco Stand-1m2f
- Last Right Before The Void-2m1f
- Newt Gingrich Visits A Residential Youth Facility Not Near Omaha-2m
- Plays End-2m
- Ten Minutes-1m1f
- This Magic Moment-1m1f
- Whatever Happened To Godot-3m
- White Pages-The-2m2f
- X Marks The Spot-1m1f
- Youre Next-2m
Jonathan C. Dorf
Co-Chair, Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights
Final Draft and Writers Store Resident Playwriting Expert
Member, Dramatists Guild of America
Dorf, Jon (aka Jonathan C. Dorf, American playwright, screenwriter, script consultant, teacher, 1971-____), “Beef Junkies,”
a 25-minute dark comedy in English, set on a suburban road, just before 5:00 p.m., the near future,
© 1999 by Jonathan C. Dorf;
• in Jonathan C. Dorf’s Beef Junkies (Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.: The Author, 1999);
• script/rights available from Brooklyn Publishers, 1841 Cord Street, Odessa, Texas 79762, U.S.A., e-mail email@example.com, http://www.brookpub.com, telephone 1-888-473-8521 or 432-550-5532, fax 432-368-0340.
• Cited by Jon Dorf via ftp March 8, 1999; Dorf says,
Cowgirl (f), a beef addict; Cowboy (m), Cowgirl’s boyfriend; Shepherd (m), the last bovine’s companion.
“Cowgirl is addicted to beef. She and Cowboy, her boyfriend, lie in wait for the world’s last cow, Betty the Bovine. When Shepherd, Betty’s companion, arrives, Cowgirl tries to make Shepherd reveal her meal-in-waiting’s location. Instead, he reveals that Betty is pregnant. Cowboy begins to have second thoughts, and he feels guilt over killing the last ostrich some time ago at a zoo. Seeing Cowboy’s sudden reluctance, Cowgirl tries to blackmail him—if he doesn’t help her, her people will kill the last salmon, which is Cowboy’s favorite fish. Ultimately, Cowboy chooses Betty the Bovine over Sal the Salmon, leaving Cowgirl to drop dead of a shaking fit.
“Prospective producers should go to Home Page of Playwright and Screenwriter Jon Dorf, http://www.jondorf.com.”
addiction, beef, blackmail, death, endangered species, extinction, fit, guilt, ostrich, pregnancy, salmon, stalking.