The Bartender Mixes Magic Light
Papadopoulos, Peter (aka Peter Joseph Papadopoulos, American playwright, actor, teacher, 1969-____), “The Bartender Mixes Magic Light,”
a 20-minute comedy in English, set in a bar, late at night, present ,
© 2005 by Peter Papadopoulos;
• in Peter Papadopoulos’ The Bartender Mixes Magic Light (Terre Haute, Indiana, U.S.A.: The Author, 2005);
• script/rights available from Peter Papadopoulos, 525 South 6th Street, Apartment 16, Terre Haute, Indiana 47807, U.S.A., e-mail Peter@Peterpop.com, telephone (home) 860-655-0290, http://www.peterpop.com/playwriting.html.
• Cited by Peter Papadopoulos via ftp September 1, 2005; Papadopoulos says,
Man (m), 21-50, plays two bar suitors; Bartender (m), 21-50, magic bartender; Woman, (f), 21-50, woman in bar.
“Two would-be-barfly-lovers attempt to reach transcendent grace under the tutelage of their benevolent libation-slinging guru. We watch them speed through their fledgling relationship—the “lust” phase, the “sharing” phase, the “blaming” phase, and finally to their own place of magic light—the “family” phase—all before closing time.
• “Single bar scene with continuous action.
• "The Bartender Mixes Magic Light" opened at the Bedlam Theatre Ten minute Play Festival in July 2005, http://peterpop.com/playwriting.html. “I, for one, am intrigued by the possibilities of The Bartender Mixes Magic Light by Peter Papadopoulos, which claims to take two representatives of "Homoerectus Americanus Urbanis" on a mind-quest from the base to the transcendent, with a drink-slinger as their libation-based yogi.”—City Pages - Spotlight: Bedlam Community Ten-Minute Play Festival, http://citypages.com/databank/26/1279/article13385.asp, accessed September 21, 2005.
alcohol, bar, courtship, dating, first encounter, love, lust, night, marital relationship, romance, sex.