As Naked As I Want To Be
Arroyo, Rane (aka Rane Ramón Arroyo, American playwright, poeta puertorriqueño, reader, fiction writer, multiculturalist, associate professor of English, 19__-____), "As Naked As I Want To Be,"
an 8-minute ____ in English, set in ____, ____,
© 19__ by Rane Arroyo;
• in Rane Arroyo’s As Naked As I Want To Be (Toledo, Ohio, U.S.A.: The Author, 19__);
• script/rights available from Dr. Rane Arroyo, Associate Professor and Associate Chair, English Department, Director of Creative Writing, Room 6080, University Hall, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606-3390, U.S.A., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 419-530-2014, fax 419-530-4440, http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/stone/1380/1apsyn.htm#.
_____ (m), artist; _____ (f), rich patron.
"An artist paints a rich patron’s portrait and they both come to define themselves by this relationship.
• What happens after the portrait is done?
• Rane Arroyo won Brown University’s George Houston Bass Award, Carl Sandburg Poetry Prize and a Pushcart Prize.
• "Rane Arroyo is a leading poeta puertorriqueño and playwright who has also found readers and audiences outside of his ethnicity. A first generation Latino born in Chicago, he learned English as much in the world as he did at school. Arroyo received his Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh where he wrote his dissertation, Babel USA: A Writer of Color Rethinks the Chicago Renaissance. He currently teaches Creative Writing as an associate professor at the University of Toledo. . . . ‘The Rane Arroyo Papers’ were established at El Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños at Hunter College (CUNY) in 1992.—Rane Arroyo -Biografia, http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/stone/1380/bio.htm, accessed August15, 2002.
• "Rane Arroyo’s plays have been well received and have been featured in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and other cities. They have been anthologized and published in such major magazines as Bellingham Review, Kenyon Review and Xavier Review. His plays have been showcased in many festivals including the New Works Festivals in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and New York City. . . .”—Rane Arroyo - Plays, http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/stone/1380/stage.htm, accessed August15, 2002.
painter-subject/patron relationship, painting, portraiture.
Other Plays by Rane Arroyo
- Amateur Virgin-2m1f
- As Naked As I Want To Be-1m1f
- Buddha And The Senorita-2m
- Darkness After A Millenium Of Blones-The-2m1f
- Emily Dickenson In Bandages-1m1f
- Herbert Look-2m
- House With Black Windows-The-2m2f
- Lesson In Writing Love Letters-A-2m1f
- Lord Byron The God-2m1f
- Lunch With Satan-xmxf
- Mirrored Sea-The-xmxf
- Moonlight Or Glory A Love Letter To The Cosmos-3m1f
- Pedro And Snow-1m
- Pillows Of Stone-1m1f
- Planet Estrogen-The-1m1f
- Puppet Show For Young Americans-3m
- Que Sera Sera Kid-The-1m
- Red House On Fire-1m 2
- Sex With The Man In The Moon-4m
- Tiara Tango-2m1f
- Tom Tom Ends Up Alone In The Universe-1m
- Widow Among Crows-1f