The Apple Tree: The Diary of Adam and Eve
Other Plays by Jerry Bock
Other Plays by Sheldon Harnick
Bock, Jerry (American playwright, 19__-____), and Sheldon Harnick (American playwright, 19__-____), “The Apple Tree: The Diary of Adam and Eve,”
a __-minute comedy in English, set in _____, _____,
© 1969 by Jerry Bock and Sheldon Harnick;
• in Modern Short Comedies from Broadway and London, edited with an introduction and prefaces to the plays by Stanley Richards (1918-____) (New York: Random House, Inc., 1970), LCCN 77-85627 r95, containing P. Ableman’s “Madly in love,” J. Bowen’s “Trevor,” N. Coward’s “Shadows of the Evening,” B. Friel’s “Losers,” T. McNally’s “Noon,” A. Owen’s “George’s Room,” P. Shaffer’s “Black Comedy,” N. Simon’s “Visitor from Mamaroneck,” R. Taylor and J. Bologna’s “Bea, Frank, Richie & Joan,” and K. Waterhouse and W. Hall’s “The Sponge Room”;
• script/rights available from source named in Random House anthology.
Adam (m), __, ____; ____ (m), __, ____; Eve (f), __, ____.
“Adam and Eve’s discovery of life in Garden of Eden bears many resemblances to any couple’s adventures among the new, daily problems of marriage. — Play Index 1968-1972: An Index to 3,848 Plays, edited by Estelle A. Fidell (New York: The H. W. Wilson Company, 1973), p. 26.
• Research should include Jerry Bock, Jerome Coopersmith, and Sheldon Harnick’s The Apple Tree: A New Musical (New York: Random House, 1967), LCCN 77-85627 r95.
• Also, research should include Jerry Bock and Sheldon Harnick’s The Apple Tree: A Sound Recording a New Musical, based on stories by Mark Twain, Frank R. Stockton [and] Jules Feiffer, lyrics by Sheldon Harnick, book by Messrs. Harnick and Bock ( [n.p.] Columbia KOS 3020 and Columbia KOL 6620, 1966), LCCN r66-1947, LCCN r66-1957, p. 2 s. 12 in. 33 1/3 rpm. microgroove, stereophonic, original Broadway cast, starring Barbara Harris, Larry Blyden, and Allan Alda.
• Also, research could include Jerry Bock and Sheldon Harnick’s Come Back, Go Away, I Love You, a libretto ( [n.p.] [1966-____]), LCCN unk85-62371, LCCN 67-16029.
• Also, research could include Charles Whitman’s (American playwright, retired university professor, 19__-____), The Diary of Adam and Eve, a 40-minute family comedy in English, set in the Garden of Eden, 1m1f, © 1976 by Charles Whitman, telephone (home) 801-224-1233, (work) 801-225-0605, fax 801-765-0489, script/rights available from Encore Performance Publishing, P.O. Box 692, Orem Utah 84057, U.S.A.,
Adam, Eve, Garden of Eden, marriage.