Another First Date
Other Plays by Kristyn Leigh Robinson
Robinson, Kristyn Leigh (American playwright, 1974-____), “Another First Date,”
a 25-minute farce in English, set in a theme restaurant, like Bennigan's or TGIFriday's, evening, 2003,
© 2003 by Kristyn Leigh Robinson;
• in Kristyn Leigh Robinson’s Another First Date (Newark, Delaware, U.S.A.: The Author, 2003);
• script/rights available from Kristyn Leigh Robinson, 723 Colgate Lane, Newark, Delaware 19711, U.S.A., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (home) 302-266-9717, http://www.kristynleighrobinson.4t.com.
• Cited by Kristyn Leigh Robinson via ftp May 23, 2003; Robinson says,
Brad (m), 32, an accountant, very conservative and straitlaced; Jack (m), 21-40, the waiter, completely inept; Celia (f), 32, a therapist, conservative, seemingly a good match for Brad.
“Three months after his initial visit to the restaurant, Brad, having been ordered by the court to go into therapy, returns. This time, his companion is Celia, the twin sister of his blind date. She is also his therapist. As many people do, Brad has fallen in love with his therapist and hopes to win her over in this evening. However, he quickly realizes that Jack, the crazy waiter from his first visit to the restaurant, is also attracted to Celia. Much to Brad's chagrin, Celia returns Jack's affections.
• “Sequel to ‘The First Date.’
• One scene, simple set requiring two chairs and a table. This play can be done in a very minimalist setting, depending mostly on props (menus, silverware, etc.) to set the atmosphere.
courtship, dating, restaurant. See also Kristyn Leigh Robinson’s