Other Plays by Philip Dean
Dean, Philip (Australian playwright, _______, 19__-____), “After January,”
a __-minute drama in English, set in ____________, Australia, 1996,
© 2000 by Philip Dean;
• in Philip Dean’s After January (Strawberry Hills, New South Wales, Australia: Currency Press Pty Ltd, 2000);
• script/rights available from Currency Press, P.O. Box 2287, Strawberry Hills, New South Wales 2012, Australia, e-mail email@example.com, http://www.currency.com.au/contact.aspx, telephone 61 (0)2 9319 5877, fax 61 (0)2 9319 3649.
• contact agent Kubler Auckland Management, http://www.kublerauckland.com/Pages/Writers/WritersFrameSet.htm?frame=http%3A//www.kublerauckland.com/Pages/Writers/PhilipDean.htm;
• contact playwright at http://home.iprimus.com.au/bristheatre/index.htm.
Alex (m), __, surfer; _______ (m), __, _______; _______ (f), __, girl with the nose-ring; _______ (f), __, _______.
"Alex is marking time till his tertiary offer- body surfing, waching TV, playing pool. So he’s not prepared for the girl with the nose-ring who cuts past him on a wave and draws him into a new way of looking at the world."—Currency Press - Search, http://www.currency.com.au/Search.aspx?type=advanced&title=After+January&author=&desc=&publisher=&category=, accessed September 14, 2008.
• There a version for 4m3f available from Currency Press.
Philip was born in Queensland and is a graduate of the Queensland College of Art and the University of Queensland. One of Queensland’s most popular playwrights, Philip’s plays have been produced around Australia and a number of them have been published by Currency Press. Philip’s most recent works include his adaptations of the popular Nick Earls novels AFTER JANUARY and 48 SHADES OF BROWN, and the Opera SEEKING TRUE SOUTH (music by Stephen Leek) which was produced by Opera Queensland in 2001. Other works include FIRST ASYLUM, TALL GREEN STRANGER, BITING PAVLOV, FAMILY VALUES and DOWN AND OUT IN PARADISE. His popular musical play LONG GONE LONESOME COWGIRLS first produced at La Boite Theatre in 1995, has toured Australia and was broadcast by ABC Radio. Philip is currently working on commissions for Queensland Theatre Company, La Boite Theatre and Queensland Biennial Festival of Music. AFTER JANUARY, 48 SHADES OF BROWN and LONG GONE LONESOME COWGIRLS are available through Currency Press. FIRST ASYLUM is available through Kubler Auckland Management.—WritersFrameSet, http://www.kublerauckland.com/Pages/Writers/WritersFrameSet.htm?frame=http%3A//www.kublerauckland.com/Pages/Writers/PhilipDean.htm, accessed September 14, 2008.
• Research could include the source novel by Nick Earls (1963-____), After January (St. Lucia, Queensland, Australia: University of Queensland Press, 2002, c1996), 195 pp., ISBN 0702228230.
interpersonal relationship, surfing.