Above the Clouds
Other Plays by Michel Corbeil
Corbeil, Michel (American playwright, 1944-____), “Above the Clouds,”
a 15-minute fantasy in English, set on a mountaintop, 1982,
© 1999 by Michel Corbeil;
• in Michel Corbeil’s Above the Clouds (______: Dialogus Play Publishing and Service, 1999);
• script/rights available from Michel Corbeil, 143 West 96th Street, Apartment 7-D, New York, New York 10025, U.S.A., e-mail corbeilkerr@Msn.com, telephone (home) 212-663-3209.
• Cited by Michel Corbeil, via ftp November 16, 1999; Corbeil says,
Woman (f), 25, walks on clouds; Grey Man (m), 25, has been to Heaven more than once; Mountain Man (m), 40, a rugged farmer.
“A young woman who walks on clouds and a young man who has been to Heaven more than once are dying of a new, mysterious disease. They have traveled the world seeking compassion but never found it. Finally, they meet a rugged farmer on his mountaintop and ask him to care for them. Afraid their virus might pollute his mountain, he attempts to kill them. Their spirit, however, triumphs over his physical strength.
• “Tinged with dark humor, this fantasy serves as an allegory for the AIDS crisis.
• “Premiered by Love Creek Productions, New York City.”
AIDS, acceptance, afterlife, survival.