Other Plays by Marilynn Bates
- Blue The Color Of The Sky-3m
- Costume Optional-1m2f
- Evening Out-3m Or3f
- Growing Pains-2m1f
- Hope Of Dawn-3m1f
- In Search Of-2m1f
- Its A Pleasure-2m1f
- Jennie Lasby-Tessman-1f
- Julia-Germaine Brooks-1f
- Let Us Be In Our Cocoon-1m1f
- Massive Disconcerting Upheaval-A-2f
- Other Pictures-The-1m
- Surf And Sand-1m1f
- This Is KBBB On The Air-1m2f
- To Be Or Not To Be-2f
- Up With The Angels-2m2f
- Whats Wrong With This Picture-2m2f
- Why Did He Do It-2m1f
Bates, Marilynn (American playwright, 19__-____), “About Faces,”
a 15-minute _____ in English, set in a doctor’s office, _____,
© ____ by Marilynn Bates;
• in Marilynn Bates’ About Faces (_____, Orange County, U.S.A.: The Author, _____);
• Cited by Marilynn Bates via http://www.ocpaplaywrights.org/marilynn.html; Bates says,
_____ (m), __, plastic surgeon; _____ (m), __, patient with a past; _____ (m), __, _____.
“A plastic surgeon and a patient with a past come to an agreement, but the outcome is twisted by the patient's needs, and that outcome is in turn twisted again by the doctor's past.
• “Staged reading at Vanguard Theatre Ensemble, Fullerton, California, U.S.A.
• A founding member of OCPA [Orange County Playwrights Alliance], Marilynn has had readings and performances of her work at South Coast Repertory, Vanguard Theatre Ensemble, Stages, Boarders, Changing Masks Theatre Co., various libraries, Barnsdale Park, Camino Real Playhouse, and Art Institute in South Carolina. In addition to the special recognition of some works below, one of her short stories, now a produced theater monologue, won a prize for excellence at the Santa Barbara Writer’s Conference, and she is published in non-fiction in The Los Angeles Times and other periodicals. Interested in all genres, Marilynn is a graduate of UCLA, and a member of both the Romance Writers of America and the Dramatists Guild.” — Marilynn Bates Home Page, http://www.ocpaplaywrights.org/marilynn.html, accessed March 3, 2004.
agreement, doctor-patient relationship, past, plastic surgery.